RE: North Pismo Beach Campground

From:Pearce, Kevin@Parks (Kevin.Pearce@...)

Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 2:40 PM PST

Good afternoon,

Pismo State Beach, North Beach campground is currently closed in an effort to allow an Americans with Disabilities Act project contractor, to perform the work the Department of Parks and Recreation has hired for.

This work will bring our existing restroom/shower facilities in compliance with current ADA standards, develop appropriate ADA approach walkways and parking stalls and make ADA improvements to our Campfire center. The project contract term is September 2018 through May 2019. This is Phase II/the final Phase of this ADA contract.

We completed Phase I/similar work to address the same ADA compliance improvements at Oceano campground this past May.

I hope this provides additional clarification on why North Beach campground is currently closed.