Bullock's Oriole, Rufous Hummingbirds in Atascadero

Kevin Zimmer

Had my FOS Bullock’s Oriole (a male) visit the hummingbird feeders at 1230h today. Several Rufous Hummingbirds of both sexes have been attending our feeders for the past 3 days.

I saw 1 Violet-green Swallow last week, but haven’t seen any since. No Pacific-slope Flycatchers heard here yet this spring, so they are overdue. Also waiting for the FOS Black-headed Grosbeak, which usually shows about this date. At least 2 of the 4 White-throated Sparrows that wintered in our yard are still present.