Rose-breasted Grosbeak in Atascadero

Kevin Zimmer

Yesterday morning, a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak showed up at our feeders. It remained for a few minutes, flew off, then came back 10 minutes later, feeding for another few minutes. I did not see it again yesterday or today. We’ve had a trickle of migrants (Wilson’s and Orange-crowned warblers, Lazuli Buntings, and a Swainson’s Thrush) in the yard over the past 72 hours. Individual Black-headed Grosbeaks and Hooded Orioles that I believe to be migrants (our breeding birds seem to have left a couple of weeks back) have also been trickling through.