Osos Flaco Lake

marlin harms

This morning Pat & Ann Vaughan and Connie & I went to Oso Flaco, where we ran into Dane Fagundes, who has already posted an eBird list:
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32365941    His list includes Canvasback and Ring-necked Duck.  After he left a Santa Barbara group led by Cher Hollingsworth & Jeff (sorry I missed the last name) noticed an American Bittern, the only species we could add to Dane's list .  Another high point was watching an adult Green Heron catch and eat three dragonflies at the edge of the lake.

Marlin Harms
Morro Bay, CA