more Wood Ducks, Los Osos

marlin harms

This morning, while standing at the end of the boardwalk at Sweet Springs I saw a group of ducks fly by that I didn't immediately recognize.  I took some photos and they turned out to be Wood Ducks--11 of them.  I thought they flew towards the ponds, but couldn't find any there.  Guess they kept flying.  While I was near the ponds the bald eagle flew right past where I had just been at the end of the boardwalk, harassed some coots briefly, then flew to a tree just back from the corner of the cove, landing at a spot not visible from the overlook.

Marlin Harms
Morro Bay, CA

photos of the ducks later today at www.flickr.com/photos/marlinharms