FW: White-breasted Nuthatch

Tom Edell

Sorry for the way the numbers on the Mannikins came out. Here is another attempt to line up the numbers. I surrender if this one doesn't work out.

Tom Edell
Cayucos, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: slocobirding@... [mailto:slocobirding@...] On Behalf Of Tom Edell
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 11:54 AM
To: slocobirding@...
Cc: 'Rebecca'
Subject: RE: [slocobirding] White-breasted Nuthatch

I believe Rebecca’s home is near French Hospital in count Section 11 (http://tinyurl.com/nepaffe ). Please correct me if I’m wrong Rebecca. We are never assured of getting White-breasted Nuthatch on the count so it would be good to look for this bird.

As for Nutmeg Mannikin, it is increasing in the count circle (and California). Here are the totals for this species starting in 2004, the first year it was recorded on the count. I suspect this year’s count will be our highest yet.

2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
12 0 0 0 0 6 34 17 72

Tom Edell
Cayucos, CA

From: slocobirding@... [mailto:slocobirding@...] On Behalf Of Rebecca
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 11:22 AM
To: slocobirding@...
Subject: [slocobirding] White-breasted Nuthatch

Hi all;

I had a first ever Bewick’s wren at my suet feeder this morning, and the White-breasted Nuthatch seems to be a regular, visiting the suet feeder every hour or so. I am not sure I can participate in the Christmas bird count, but want to let whoever does this area know they can visit my yard, as it is a pretty good hotspot for lots of species. There are Nutmeg Mannikins, sapsuckers, three types of woodpeckers, lots of feeder birds, etc.

Call me for directions, if needed, and I will tell my neighbors you are not spying on them! 805/710-2319.

On another note,

A friend of mine was given a beautiful young (5 mo.) old cockatiel, and she is never home. I am currently fostering it and trying to find a good home for this sweet, hand raised baby bird; someone with time to spend with it. It is a Pied; white, yellow and gray, and would come with cage as well. Would any of you guys be interested or know of anyone? Please let me know.

Thanks, Rebecca Fay

P.S. I know this isn’t quite in keeping with our group guidelines, (sorry Mike), but I have asked around already and need to get her a home.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To Post a message, send it to: slocobirding@...

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: slocobirding-unsubscribe@...

Message archives and group home page can be found at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slocobirdingYahoo Groups Links

Join slocobirding@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.