Harris's Sparrow in Santa Margarita

Kevin Zimmer

The Harris's Sparrow was still around as of 2:20 this afternoon. Bill Rucci and I found it at the feeder location where it was relocated this morning (just west of the white footbridge on the right).

The aforementioned pond to the south had 9 Canada Geese, 4 Cinnamon Teal and a female Bufflehead, but no sign of the Eurasian Wigeon. We did see a Golden Eagle (imm) and a Prairie Falcon cruising over the area.

Atascadero Lake was swarming with Violet-green Swallows (50+).

Thanks again to Peter Gaede for finding and reporting the Harris's Sparrow!