Palm Warbler and Northern Pintail X Mallard hybrid

Kevin Zimmer

Yesterday (11/26) I spent a few hours at Morro Bay SP. At least 1 of the previously reported Palm Warblers was still present along the new boardwalk on the back side of the marina. Although I never saw more than one Palm Warbler at a time, examination of my photos strongly suggests that there were 2 different Palm Warblers present. The bird(s) were loosely associated with a roving band of Yellow-rumped Warblers, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, and Bewick's Wrens, and were seen primarily between the T-intersection of the boardwalk and the large pine tree to the north.

I also stopped in at Sweet Springs. Forgive me if this has been posted previously (I've been out of the country for much of the fall), but there is an apparent Northern Pintail X Mallard hybrid (drake) hanging with the Mallard flock in the pond there.

On Sunday (11/25) I had 2 White-throated Sparrows and 3 Fox Sparrows (all fuliginosa types) in my yard in Atascadero, along with 15+ Pine Siskins attending the feeders.