Re: Rose-breasted Grosbeak, White-throated Sparrow & Pine Siskins in Atascadero

claudia freitas <cfreitas@...>

Oh, yea. I forgot to mention we had what looked to be a youngish
White-throated sparrow a couple days ago too.
A few Yellow-rumps are here too, along with the regulars - White crowned
sparrows and Golden-crowned sparrow and Lesser Goldfinches
claudia up on the hill at 1700' in Atascadero

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM, kjzimmerphd <kjzimmerphd@yahoo.com> wrote:

**

Yesterday (10/28), after being alerted by Bill Rucci, I photographed a
first-fall male Rose-breasted Grosbeak that was coming to his feeders in
Atascadero. The bird was present sporadically from mid-morning into early
afternoon, but I do not know if it was seen subsequently. Also present were
at least 30 Pine Siskins, none of which have yet appeared at my feeders
just down the road.

I did see my first White-throated Sparrow of the fall in our yard today
(10/29) -- a tan-striped, rather dull looking individual -- and my first
Fox Sparrow (fuliginosa type) of the fall yesterday in our yard.