El Chorro/Dairy Creek Monday 5/7

njmann90 <njmann90@...>

While on a leisurely walk up Dairy Creek from the Dog Park with a Bio 1b class from Cuesta College from 1000 until noon we were surrounded by bird song in spite of the hour and heat.

Going in and out of cavities: House Wren, W. Bluebird, Tree Swallows, and Nuttall's and Acorn Woodpeckers in the same tree: plus singing Song Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Oak Titmouse, and Chestnut-backed Chickadees. Also seen Cliff Swallow, pair of American Kestrels, Red Tail Hawk, Red-Shouldered Hawk, TV, Spotted Towhee, California Towhee, and one alternate plumaged Yellow-rumped Warbler. Nothing unusual but I think we might have a couple of converts to ornithology-or at least recreational birding.