Johnson Ranch SLO

macro2953 <jcarroll@...>

The Johnson Ranch open space has trails that lead through rolling grassland, pockets of oak woodland, rock outcrops, and a small riparian area with a live stream. Today on a short walk I saw several Lazuli Buntings (singing males), Rufous-crowned Sparrows, Lark Sparrows, Western Kingbird, Wrock Wren, Western Bluebirds, and heard Grasshopper Sparrows. (No condors were seen...but I looked!)

Back at the parking area, which is located at South Higuera/Ontario Rd. just off 101, I saw a male and female Blue Grosbeak together in the weedy retention basin area on the west side of the road. This is likely the same male I saw there last week.

On another "note", I've heard a YB Chat singing at Pecho Willows the past several mornings around 8:00 AM, but have not had any luck seeing it.

Jay Carroll
Los Osos