Possible Adult Glaucous Gull at Morro Creek Mouth

Dennis & Becca Serdehely <birders@...>

Today my wife Becca and I saw what appeared to be either an adult Glaucous
Gull or a Glaucous x Glaucous-winged hybrid. The reason I am thinking it is
a hybrid is that the mantle liked a little too dark for a pure Glaucous and
at certain angles it looked as though the primaries had a slight gray cast
to them. Otherwise the bird was good for an adult Glaucous Gull. It was
slightly larger than the Western Gulls present and had what appeared at
first to be all white primaries. It had a yellow eye, a yellow bill and pink
legs and a light gray mantle. While observing this bird we met Kaaren Perry
who was able to photograph it. I believe she will post it to the list serve.
I would be interested in what others think of this bird.

Dennis Serdehely

Fernley, NV