Monday birds/1/9

Maggie Smith

Started at the Hearst Pastures where there were 2 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED and 1 ROSS'S GOOSE.  Also present was an adult FERRUGINOUS HAWK and 2 immature BALD EAGLES.

A tan striped WHITE THROATED SPARROW was at the Cambria Cemetery.

A male EURASIAN WIGEON was with American Wigeons during a high tide off South Bay Blvd.

Two male and  2 female COMMON GOLDENEYE were seen left of the Audubon Overlook.

Four BONAPARTE'S GULLS were at the SLO Waste Water Treatment Plant.  Also present,  a male BLUE-WINGED TEAL which is unusual for that location.

Yesterday Doug Stinson and I had 3 GOLDEN EAGLES along Pozo Road.  At Santa Margarita Lake, we had an adult and 2 immature BALD EAGLES.
One female COMMON GOLDENEYE was seen.  We looked for but didn't find any sapsuckers.

Maggie Smith
Arroyo Grande
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slomaggie