Classes

Brad Schram

Hi Birders:

It's been suggested that I publish here my findings based on the question:
what local bird classes are available? What I found follows below:

1. Steve Schubert teaches "Birding the Morro Bay Estuary" each November or
December at Cuesta College. He also teaches a birds of prey class there in
February.

2. Ted Pope runs an introductory class available through Wild Birds
Unlimited store in the Marigold Center on Broad St. in SLO.

3. Mick Bondello teaches an intro. class each spring at Hancock College.
One source says it is typically a month long held on consecutive Saturday
mornings. I was told it's taking place in February and March this year. If
Mick sees this (or one of his pupils) maybe an exact date can be clarified
for this year.

4. Francis Villablanca teaches an intro. ornithology class at Cal Poly.
One could contact Cal Poly or Francis for further information.

5. Coincidentally, I'll be doing an introductory birding tour for Victor
Emanuel Nature Tours, based at the Inn at Morro Bay, November 3-6, 2000.
This is a new type of tour Victor is offering due to client request; info is
available through the VENT office.

Brad