Re: Thoughts about laser engraving for creating slide rules

dpressnall@...

There is also another trick to get arbitrary resolution.  Print the scales diagonally.  That way, with a diagonal line some dots fall on one side of the ideal line, while others fall on the other side.  On average though they are right on the money.  And as long as your line is more than a couple pixels wide you get sort of an anti-aliasing effect going on.  I've tried this on a regular laser printer, and was able to make calculations as accurately as on any one of my Versalog.