Re: lologs and ilologs

Rod Lovett

Hi Andreas,

I think that you are correct.

I hadn't associated the "i" with inverse.

Now I would like to see some useful applications of these ideas!

Best wishes,

Rod

On 17-05-2022 21:34, Andreas Poschinger wrote:
PS: I found in your literature search an article:
Author    Bob Otnes
Title    Log Log Scales - Revisited
Location    Journal of the Oughtred Society Vol. 4, No. 1, March, 1995 Pg 9
This fits quite well. So I believe my theory about the meaning of the
sentence may be valid...
Am 17.05.2022 um 21:59 schrieb Andreas Poschinger:
Hi Rod,
I did not look into the old messages (due to time restriction...); this
may however senseful to solve the puzzle in order to know what Bob has
triggert to write this.
May Bobs sentence mean something like:
Seeing the current interest in log(arithm)s and co(-)logarithms [i.e.
logarithms of inverse numbers  1/x], it might be that some readers would
be interested in a short (50k pdf) paper that I have written on
lo(g?)logs and i(inverse?)lo(g)logs.
?
Best regards
Andreas