Taking slide rule pictures

Andreas Poschinger

Hi,

some time back we had the discussion about how to take slide rule pictures.

Here:

https://groups.io/g/sliderulePictures1/album?id=269918

you'll find some pictures which I took today. The boxes were directly on
black paper and when zoomin in one also sees the structure of the paper.

The slide rules I layed on top of vertically placed match boxes. Then
the structure of the paper disappears. I used the shadow of a wall of
our house in the forenoon and took the photos with the camera standing
between the slide rules and the house.

Some maybe remaining shadow is taken by the black of the paper.

For taking 100ds of slide rule pictures it might make sense to glue the
match boxes onto the paper and to find a way to center the slide rules
on the boxes in order to get a good alignment.

Best regards

Andreas