Re: Humanity!

Bob Adams

Hi Jerry,

As you may recall I wrote a paper on the “Easy slide rule” for one of the IM meetings in which you subsequently unraveled the mysterious “Points” scale devised by a Captain A.C. Chew. I did a little research on him and presented this in the appendix of the paper

Apart from the one book titled

“The Slide Rule, Logarithms, & c....” that was published in 1915, he earlier wrote five (5) other

books:

·         The Gunners Pocket Book (1892?)

·         The Battery or Company Orderly’s Book (1896)

·         The Volunteer Attendance & Squad Book (1900)

·         The Militia and Volunteer Garrison Gunner (1905)

·         Q.F. & Heavy Gun Drills (1905)

This gentleman is probably worthy of further investigation and documentation!

Kind regards

Bob