Re: Collective name for sliderules

Hubert Weikert

A stickstack ?

Trying to find a specific rule I always feel like searching a needle in a ...

Hubert

On Mon 05 Apr 2021 at 13:56, Rod Lovett <rod@lovett.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

A slide rule colleague poses the following question:

I have a question for our readers, unless of course there is already an answer, but so far I have been unable to find one!

What is the collective noun for slide rules? I quite like a "clutch of slide rules" as they are tactile beasts, or perhaps a "scale of slide rules". Please enlighten me if one already exists, or suggestions please, we could have some fun with this one!

I agree we could have some fun with this one. Serious or humorous, all suggestions are welcome.

A Very Happy Easter,

Rod

Hubert