Re: New accessibility improvements in Skype 8.0 | Skype Blogs

Sarah k Alawami

No, the web UI is built into skype itself. You can install chrome to use it as a browser but ou do not need chrime to work with electron.

Take care

On 20 Nov 2018, at 12:44, João nuno antunes wrote:

or curiosity, tu use skype electron, must I install google chrome?

Às 19:41 de 20-11-2018, Shaun Oliver escreveu:

because, you ignoramus, every cotton pickin' time, there's an announcement telling us of improvements to Skype, and it is posted on this list, you are the only one that arks up and pulls out the same old argument time and time again, how it will never be good because it is already worse and how they need to do one thing or another to improve it. or, better yet, bring back something that's clearly been put to bed, and was considered being put to bed many years before you even had an inkling of it being so. those of us that watch trends and the like, knew that the minute MSN Messenger was shut down, Skype was going to be the way of things. moreover, we also knew that the interface, such as it was, which was an interface that hadn't changed overly much for the better part of ten years, I might add, was very likely to be done away with and something either newer or better or even, god forbid, both, was going to take its place. A few of us knew, even back when Messenger went the way of the dodo bird, that change was on the cards. and when MS bought Skype and sounded the deathnel for Messenger, we knew even then, that Skype was going to become their flagship Messenger service.

Really, you are the minority, because you are the only one bitching, pissing and moaning about the unfairness of it all and how you have to exert 100% more effort. Christ, it must be so hard to press a key on that keyboard, it's got to be a strain on the brain and the hands to do that I'm sure.

Really, It's been said before by myself, and by others on this list, so it's not our fault if you choose to ignore what's right in front of you.

either get with it, or don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

On 21/11/2018 05:41, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Sarah, I asked you some time ago, but I haven't got any answer from you.
Do you accept only positive remarks about Skype on this list?
Do you like only the remarks that are the same as yours?

You say that "we are starting to not like it". Can you please tell me who are those "we"?
Were there votes made among all members of the list and you observed that all list members don't like my messages?
And btw, is there a rule  of this list that tells that if a certain number of members don't like the opinions of other list members, those other list members should not send those messages? Or something like that?
I didn't send messages with swears, and I didn't send strong messages against other list members, but yes, a list member sent that kind of messages for me just because he didn't like my opinion.

You said that I sound like a broken record just because I told my opinion for more times about the Skype version I like and the one that I don't like. But what about the other people that expressed their opinion but their opinion was different? They don't sound like a broken record only because their opinion matches yours, or why they are OK but I am not?

--Octavian