Re: Skype 8 language and prefix key

Doug Lee

In my mail program, the first key name you gave prints as ?? so I can't tell what it is. ` printed fine.

Most likely, the key name we want is the one that goes through the KeyPressedEvent function as the value of strKeyName when you press the key; but it takes some considerable fiddling to get that name to print, unless
I missed a tactic somewhere.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 08:31:46PM +0200, Jean Philippe wrote:
Hi Doug,

the key I would like to assign is??, which is the same as` on a French
keyboard.

But even in other jaws versions where I haven't changed the JCF file, the
default key,left bracket, is not working. I know how odd it may sound.

Best,

JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 10/10/2018 ?? 19:35, Doug Lee a ??crit??:

I still bet the problem is that JAWS wants a particular name for that key instead of just the key itself.

Apologies if I missed it amid all else today lol, but what key are you trying to assign as the Command key? If it is a shifted key, use "Shift+" with the regular key or key name; e.g., CommandKey=T is bad, but
CommandKey=Shift+t is good.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 06:40:39PM +0200, Jean Philippe wrote:
Hi Michele.

I can confirm that no Extra file has been created and that the CFG Replace the
Previous one, as its Modification date is today.

I think I tried everything I could, including removing all files from the
Skype seven scripts, who knows, and switching to the English version of jaws
where scripts Were also installed.

What else can I try? Something in Jaws commun?? settings that could get in the
way maybe
? I have no idea.

Best,

JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 10/10/2018 ?? 14:28, Michele Barbi a ??crit??:
Hey guys, first of all I'd like to thank Doug because I did not know these
step for copying the file location. We always learn something new, lol!
Jean, be careful to one thing which I noticed. I don't know why, but at
least here in Italian, ctrl+s opens a window like Save as, and if asked to
replace already existing file, you should say yes.
I am now reading that you did not manage to fix the issue, so make sure if
Notepad did not create an alternative file called skypeelectron.jcf.txt.
Yesterday I had to count with it working on a jsm file for another scripts
set.
Bye!
Barbuz

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both