Re: Skype 8 language and prefix key

Jean Philippe

Hi Doug,

I was able to do the change, but still no luck. No prefix key, the only thing that happens when you press the key in question is that Jaws pronounces it. Same in Jaws 18.

I wonder what could be happen

ing.

Best,

JPR

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 10/10/2018 à 14:05, Doug Lee a écrit :

Ah, I thought Notepad would be an option there... so here is one alternative:

Open "Explore My Settings" for your JAWS version using your Start menu or Start screen, or otherwise navigate to that folder manually. One manual approach would be to open %APPDATA% from the Run box, then go to Freedom
Scientific, JAWS, your JAWS version, Settings, fra (if that's your language code; I forget that one).

Find skypeelectron.jcf and press Shift with the Applications key. This gets you a longer Context menu than usual.

From this extended menu, select "Copy as path" to get the full path of the file onto the clipboard.
Now open Notepad, type Ctrl+O, and paste that path into the box to open the file there.

Find the [MKCSOptions] line, then the line below that. Edit what comes after the = sign to be the key you want. Save with Ctrl+S and test. If this does not work, try using a name for the key; e.g., ` versus accent.

If you did not find a [MKCSOptions] line at all, go to the bottom of the file, add one, then on the next line enter something like CommandKey=[ (replacing [ with your key of course). Save with Ctrl+S and test.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 01:28:42PM +0200, Jean Philippe wrote:
hi Doug.

I need to know how to do this. First, do you have to open this file in
notepad? How do you do this? If I type Application key on a JCF file, and go
to open with, notepad is not in the list.

Then, do you do a search for MKCSOptions?

thanks,

JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 10/10/2018 ?? 13:07, Doug Lee a ??crit??:
Yes, the jcf. The jss would contain a default value, but the jcf is where any updates to it go for a user; so the jcf setting will override the jss value for that key if found.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 01:02:01PM +0200, Jean Philippe wrote:
Hi Doug.

I'm using Jaws 2018?? under French Windows 7, Jaws key plus F1 twice opens the
Scripts user guide, and Jaws key plus Q reports the revision
number, which makes me think that the script is active> But the left bracket
sign only Gets Jaws to pronounce, left bracket.

So it's the JCF I should look at, not theJSS?

Best,

JP

http://www.jprykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 10/10/2018 ?? 12:40, Doug Lee a ??crit??:
My guess is it at some point got changed to something unexpected. You can always try editing it in skypeelectron.jcf. If you've tried to change the key, there should be an MKCSOptions section in that file containing the
assignment. If you change it there, my script code will update all the jkm entries that use it when you next switch focus back into Skype.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:24:00AM +0200, Jean Philippe wrote:
Hi Doug and all,

I just installed Skype eight and its corresponding script. Still under French
Windows 7, it works okay but I cannot use the prefix key nor can I change it.
The scripts seem to be well installed, as insert Q reports Revision 60 for??
Skype Windows desktop 8 electron

I wonder if it is because my Skype language is set to French?

Thanks for helping,

best,

JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com