Re: Looking for a direct link to Skype eight please

naseem walji <naseemw@...>

Hi Doug

Sorry but I think I may have missed lead. I wanted the direct link where I can download Skype 8 for windows using jaws.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my IPhone.

Naseem

On 4 Jul 2018, at 17:34, Doug Lee <dgl@...> wrote:

I wrote a basic Skype 8 NVDA add-on a while back; it is posted at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skype.nvda-addon

Skype UWP is best covered by Joseph Lee's Windows 10 App Essentials, which can be had via the page opened from the NVDA Tools > Manage Add-ons dialog, Get Add-ons button.

I consider the three Windows skypes thus:
- Skype 7, Classic, is the most feature complete but also at some undetermined point destined to go away.
- Skype UWP for Windows 10 is next in line for features, but last I checked, it was not fully feature-complete and could sometimes be sluggish to react to keystrokes. I believe there has been an update to this version that I
have not yet examined though.
- Skype 8 I find to be the fastest to react of them all but also to be the least feature-complete.

Btw, for anyone on this list who is at the NFB convention in Orlando, I am here also. The easiest way to find me, other than chancing to bump into me in meetings or hallways, is probably to tweet at me at doug_lee42.

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 11:18:21AM -0400, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi group is skype 8 ready for primetime using NVDA do any of you know
if perhaps there is an add on for skype 8 for NVDA? Had heard that the
skype for windows universal platform wasn't so hot in the accessibility
department and Microsoft accessibility was saying not to download it if
you were blind/visually impaired. As this been corrected?

Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10