Re: Key commands for the Skype app for Windows 10

Doug Lee

In my haste I forgot to thank David for posting that table in a format very easy to read, regardless of one's skill level with handling complex web pages, as many Microsoft pages tend to be. :)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 09:10:21AM -0700, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Wow, cool. Thanks for this. I still use 7.59 on the mac as I miss the
side bar on 8 and it lags a bit, although it is getting better. The web
layout on the mac sucks, but for those of us who do use the mac version
I'm sure these will help. For those using the web to view the group I
will probably make this post sticky as this info really does help.

Take care all and thanks again.

On Mar 28, 2018, at 10:58 PM, David Moore <[1]jesusloves1966@...>
wrote:

Hi all!

Here are many key commands for the Skype app for Windows 10. I have
tested this with Windows 10 1709, Latest app update, JAWS 2018, NVDA
2018.1, and Narrator.

The Skype app is very accessible with these key commands with what I
listed above.

Here are the commands. By the way, there are three entries for each
command, the Windows command, the Mac command, and third, the action
that activates by doing that command. Keep that in mind, that first is
the Windows command, and second is the Mac command, then the action.

Here you go:

What are hotkeys and how do I use them in Skype?

Keyboard shortcuts are specific combinations of two or more keys on
your keyboard. They make it easier and faster for you to use commands
that you would otherwise have to access via the menus. You can use
keyboard shortcuts to easily quit Skype, send a file, copy text and a
lot more.

Hotkeys in the new Skype for Windows desktop, and Mac

Windows desktop Hotkey

Mac Hotkey

Action

Not applicable

[Command]+[1]

Open the main Skype window

Ctrl + I

[Command]+Shift+[O]

Open Notification panel

Ctrl + , (Ctrl + comma)

[Command]+Shift+[I]

Open app settings

Ctrl + H

Not applicable

Open Help in default browser

Ctrl + D

[Command]+[2]

Launch main dial pad

Ctrl + N

[Command]+[N]

Start new conversation

Ctrl + G

[Command]+[G]

New group

Ctrl + F

[Command]+[F]

Search for all contacts, messages and bots

Ctrl + Shift + S

[Command]+Shift+[S]

Search within selected message

Alt + 1

Not applicable

Navigate to recent chats

Alt + 2

[Command]+Shift+[C]

Open contacts

Alt + 3

[Command]+Shift+[B]

Open contact screen to bots

Ctrl + O

[Command]+Option+[O]

Send feedback

Ctrl + R

[Command]+[R]

Refresh the app

Ctrl + T

[Command]+[T]

Open themes

Ctrl + Shift + T

[Command]+Shift+[T]

Toggle between light and dark mode

Use Alt + V to bring up the View menu to zoom in, out, or return to
actual size

Ctrl + Shift + = to zoom in

Ctrl + - to zoom out

Ctrl + 0 for actual size

Use the View button to zoom in, out, or return to actual size

[Command]+[+] to zoom in

[Command]+[-] to zoom out

[Command]+[0] for actual size

Zoom in, zoom out, or view actual size

Up arrow after sending a message

[Command]+Shift+[E]

Edit the last message sent

Ctrl + P

[Command]+[I]

Show conversation profile

Ctrl + Shift + A

[Command]+Shift+[A]

Add people to conversation

Ctrl + Shift + U

[Command]+Shift+[U]

Ctrl + Shift + K

[Command]+Shift+[K]

Start a video call

Ctrl + Shift + P

[Command]+Shift+[R]

Start an audio call

Ctrl + Shift + F

[Command]+Shift+[F]

Send a file

Enter

Return

Start a PSTN call

Ctrl + Shift + G

[Command]+Shift+[G]

Open gallery

Ctrl + E

[Command]+Shift+[H]

Hang up

Ctrl + M

[Command]+Shift+[M]

Mute

Down Arrow

[Command]+[Down Arrow]

Select the next message in the chat list

Up Arrow

[Command]+[Up Arrow]

Select the previous message in the chat list

David Moore

Sent from [2]Mail for Windows 10