CdC catalog

Arthur S.

I have been using CdC successfully for many years and realized that I think I need to download catalogs to the software, but not sure how to begin.
I have been just typing in the box at the top with the object I want to slew to or center and that works, but isn't there a way to have all the celestial bodies listed, so I can just choose.
I use APT, for example, and clicking on the OBJECT tab brings up a whole list. Doesn't CdC have the same feature?

Thanks.

Art
alevine280@...

Patrick Chevalley

Open Edit / Advanced search, then check "Deepsky common name", this give you a list of about 400 objects with a common name.

But it is not possible to do this for all the objects because the list would be several million entries long after you install the additional DSO catalog.

Patrick

Arthur S.

Thanks Patrick

Art