Ephemeris calendar vs. chart

tlbranscombe@...

CdC version: 4.3 beta 4470

I was trying to use CdC to provide the altitude of the moon above my horizon when it crossed a particular cardinal point (SE) where I have the best view of the sky.  As a rough estimate, I thought to use ephemeris calculator to provide transit times  and work from there, but I'm getting some unexpected results.  When I input the calculator's transit date and time into CdC's Date/Time dialog, then click the cardinal 'S' button, I find the moon has not quite reached due south at that instant.  I'm sure it's user error, but would appreciate any help to understand the result.

The moon appears roughly 20 minutes 'behind schedule'.

Thanks,
Terry

Join skychart@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.