Simca dealers

thomas

I recently spoke with an elderly gentleman who was a service manager at a local Mopar dealer in the Simca era. Though my past conversation have been pretty foggy, he was very "with it" last time. He said when the 1204 came out, they were almost like UFOs, and there was barely any training available for the service people, and replacement parts often were backordered, often requiring them to borrow parts from new, unsold cars. He said that Simca's stiffest competition came from their used car lot, and most used cars had no window stickers. Oftentimes folks offered higher-than-asking prices for sharp used cars, while there was nowhere to go but down with new cars--and Simca prices were at the bottom at that. He also said there was an unspoken deal between the dealers and local bankers that made it a bit harder to finance a Simca, compared to a Valiant, for instance. There's a lot more, but I thought this may open up some discussion for now. Thanks.

Join simcacars@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.