John Button G8JMB

The following have joined
damoroberts@, rob.lodge@, gabhan7@

PLEASE POST TO SAY HELLO AND PROVE THAT YOU ARE A PERSON

WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES< 
Good sailing 
JOhn Group owner

@damoroberts

Hi. I'm a real person. Recently bought a little shipmate senior and hoping to find other owners

Rob Lodge

Hello - was looking to help a friend with rigging his shipmate as came incomplete. Looking for advice on setting up the mainsheet/roller jib system.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021, 12:48 damoroberts via groups.io, <damoroberts=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi. I'm a real person. Recently bought a little shipmate senior and hoping to find other owners

Michael Walton

Hi Rob

where abouts are you?

Hope you are going to join the Shipmate owners association

Have you bought Rainbow?

Mike Walton

------ Original Message ------
To: shipmate@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 19 Sep, 21 At 13:05
Subject: Re: [shipmate] WELCOME ABOARD

Hello - was looking to help a friend with rigging his shipmate as came incomplete. Looking for advice on setting up the mainsheet/roller jib system.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021, 12:48 damoroberts via groups.io, <damoroberts=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Rob Lodge

Hi Mike,

It's not my boat it's a friends - he's on the group now also. Based in the North West near fleetwood.

We were just looking how it should be rigged and what was missing - has the mast, boom, mainsail and the fixed roller jib but not much else. 

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021, 13:20 Michael Walton via groups.io, <waltons=talk21.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Rob

where abouts are you?

Have you bought Rainbow?

Mike Walton

Michael Walton

Hi Rob

If you join the SOA there is a DVD which answers lots of questions and is a mine of information.

The mast has a pair of shrouds, some have 2 pairs. The roller furling should have a forestay passing through it which is attached to the bow plate. The furling jib/genoa slides up into the furling spar and can be left in permanently or slid in/out when rigging the boat.

Send photos of any area causing confusion and we will try to help

Mike

Sent: Sunday, 19 Sep, 21 At 13:33

Hi Mike,

It's not my boat it's a friends - he's on the group now also. Based in the North West near fleetwood.

We were just looking how it should be rigged and what was missing - has the mast, boom, mainsail and the fixed roller jib but not much else.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021, 13:20 Michael Walton via groups.io, <waltons=talk21.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Rob

where abouts are you?

Have you bought Rainbow?

Mike Walton