Pyrotechnics / Flares - v- "Modern Distress" call methods.

Phil Weston

Oliver recently, in response to an exchange of emails between Damian ( he of the "Foresail topic"), myself, and Oliver, that he, Oliver, questioned the use of Pyrotechnics in this day and age [ forgive me if I have not précised the comments entirely correctly!].

Anyway, the purpose of this "posting", is to note that in the "February 2022 Practical Boat Owner" (yes "February) on pages 34 to 37 there is an article covering the subject.

I attach and extract of the opening paragraphs - not the whole article as I don't want to fall foul of copyright.  So if the subject is of interest to you, grab a copy of PBO.