Boat cover for a Senior

Phil Weston

By any chance has anyone got a cover that will fit a Senior, that they don't need ?

Michael Walton

Hi Phil

Sorry but no. I have one Ray made which I use in Summer and a huge thick tarp over the mast in winter covered by a caravan cover which hides everything.

Was thinking of emailing you earlier tonight before I go off to Turkey walking tomorrow.

I was looking at possible Rally dates but can nothing for Seafair yet to work around. They do not have a 2022 date yet.

Was thinking perhaps May 14/15th for Bala but wanted to ask Arny and Pete if this suited them.

Chichester perhaps 11/12th or later 25/26th to work around Seafair.

thought of having Solent earlier as both Richard and Jill seem to sail earlier in august. Perhaps 13/14th?

Will be in touch when I return but if you hear from Seafair let me know

Keep well

Mike

------ Original Message ------
To: shipmate@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, 11 Nov, 21 At 20:43
Subject: [shipmate] Boat cover for a Senior

By any chance has anyone got a cover that will fit a Senior, that they don't need ?

Phil Weston

Thanks, Mike. I wasn’t holding my breath.

I had an enquiry from someone whose father used sail a Senior – another “Jim” -  but has now passed it on. I get the impression that the boat is stored ashore much of the time and maybe not going afloat for now.

I have suggested that a heavy duty tarpaulin, 4 by  5 metres,  might serve to wrap it up nicely ( works for me),  and be a relatively inexpensive option.

Phil

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: 11 November 2021 20:55
Subject: Re: [shipmate] Boat cover for a Senior

Hi Phil

Sorry but no. I have one Ray made which I use in Summer and a huge thick tarp over the mast in winter covered by a caravan cover which hides everything.

Was thinking of emailing you earlier tonight before I go off to Turkey walking tomorrow.

I was looking at possible Rally dates but can nothing for Seafair yet to work around. They do not have a 2022 date yet.

Was thinking perhaps May 14/15th for Bala but wanted to ask Arny and Pete if this suited them.

Chichester perhaps 11/12th or later 25/26th to work around Seafair.

thought of having Solent earlier as both Richard and Jill seem to sail earlier in august. Perhaps 13/14th?

Will be in touch when I return but if you hear from Seafair let me know

Keep well

Mike

------ Original Message ------
Sent: Thursday, 11 Nov, 21 At 20:43
Subject: [shipmate] Boat cover for a Senior

David Astley

Hi Phil, hope all is well?

I passed a cockpit cover on to Stephen & Sarah but was a bit ragged only good as a template for a new one.

Not heard from them for a while.

Looking forward to the next Rally.

All the best 

Dave Astley.

On 11 November 2021 at 20:43 Phil Weston <rpwweston@...> wrote: