From: sharedapexloop@groups.io <sharedapexloop@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA
Sent: Friday, July 9, 2021 12:48 AM
To: sharedapexloop@groups.io
Subject: [sharedapexloop] SAL mounted higher above ground

I would like to mount the SAL 30 6' above ground to avoid deer and hopefully decouple from the ground (I have terrible rocky soil).
Anyone have any pictures of one mounted high?

wa5puq

Works great – avoids deer but not icing! Auger to install fence posts, then cut them with a chain saw to get the tops level.

73 John N5CQ

I would like to mount the SAL 30 6' above ground to avoid deer and hopefully decouple from the ground (I have terrible rocky soil).
Anyone have any pictures of one mounted high?

NC3Z

Yup, look in the photo section of this group, my setup https://groups.io/g/sharedapexloop/photo/0/43825.109.0
Also look on my QRZ I have some more of the elevated SAL30

--
Gary Mitchelson
NC3Z/4 Pamlico County, NC FM15