Question about the couplers

Marco Steiner

Hello Apex friends!

We have severe problems with the Apex-30 here in Germany due to intermodulation interference.

We don't have these problems when using an Apex-12.

Can it make sense to reduce the ferrites of the couplers on the Apex-30?

How does that work?

The opposite can be seen with the Apex-12, which brings relatively little signal strength.

Does it make sense here to increase the number of ferrites in the couplers?

Here is a comparison of Apex-12 and Apex-30: https://nextcloud.csww.de/s/DiBZ2J6tLLcDj45

Best regards

Marco

Marco Steiner

Sorry, the first link is invalid.

Here is a better one:

https://nextcloud.csww.de/s/s3BBkA7FAGE7Mna

The first part is real, the second is full of intermodulation products.

We have severe problems with the Apex-30 here in Germany due to intermodulation interference.

We don't have these problems when using an Apex-12.

Can it make sense to reduce the ferrites of the couplers on the Apex-30?

How does that work?

The opposite can be seen with the Apex-12, which brings relatively little signal strength.

Does it make sense here to increase the number of ferrites in the couplers?

Here is a comparison of Apex-12 and Apex-30: https://nextcloud.csww.de/s/DiBZ2J6tLLcDj45

Best regards

Marco

Mark Bauman

Hello Marco,

I have an experimental SAL amplifier module that has lower gain and improved IMD response that I can send you to see if that improves your situation. This module also has a header that you can use to add an external filter if necessary.

If you would like to try this module, please send an email with your shipping information to me at the following address: kb7gf at arrl.net (replace the "at" with the @ symbol).

73,

Mark KB7GF