EZNEC File

Ed Johnson <ed@...>

I am trying to evaluate a SAL-20 for low angle signals.  Does anyone have an EZNEC file for any of the SAL antennas (preferably the MKII series).?
Thanks,
Ed W2PH

Ian

Hi Ed.  I’ve tried but failed!!!   The big problem is the feedpoint.   I think it is all due to the fact that there nothing to define a fixed point on the loop RF wise!

I have built the 30 and find it good on 160 and reasonable on 80.   Other than that it’s a useful aerial for HF but no real pattern.

I would be interested in how your 20 goes on HF

With all the problems I had on the control box I am conversant with that design

73

Ian

On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 at 14:59, Ed Johnson <ed@...> wrote:any with that

I am trying to evaluate a SAL-20 for low angle signals.  Does anyone have an EZNEC file for any of the SAL antennas (preferably the MKII series).?
Thanks,
Ed W2PH

Mark Bauman

Hi Ed,

There is an EZNEC file in our files section for the SAL-30 (see https://groups.io/g/sharedapexloop/files/__SharedApex_AS_SAL_30_2015.ez). You might be able to modify the dimensions to match the SAL-20. I have a bunch of 4NEC2 files for various configurations also. Let me know if you would like any of these.

73,

Mark KB7GF