Topics

Won a Grant to Present Speculative Poetry!!!!

Akua Lezli Hope

I was awarded a grant from my Arts Council to assist with producing
Speculative Sundays Poetry Reading Series via Zoom. It is modest –––
$500 — but for a poor poet, significant. If you are in the NE US
it is grants time, so I urge you to check in with your local
Arts organization for funding possibilities.

Joy in the making,

Akua

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,

Deborah P Kolodji

Wow, that's wonderful!   It's great to see an Arts Council supporting speculative poetry!

Congratulations.

I was awarded a grant from my Arts Council to assist with producing
Speculative Sundays Poetry Reading Series via Zoom. It is modest –––
$500 — but for a poor poet, significant. If you are in the NE US
it is grants time, so I urge you to check in with your local
Arts organization for funding possibilities.

Joy in the making,

Akua

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door, in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State
www.akualezlihope.com

Denise Dumars

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that funding is available to you!
Denise

I was awarded a grant from my Arts Council to assist with producing
Speculative Sundays Poetry Reading Series via Zoom. It is modest –––
$500 — but for a poor poet, significant. If you are in the NE US
it is grants time, so I urge you to check in with your local
Arts organization for funding possibilities.

Joy in the making,

Akua

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door, in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State
www.akualezlihope.com

Fatma-Jessica (FJ) Doucet

Congratulations! That is spectacular! And good on you for trying so hard to ensure your poets are paid.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020, 1:25 PM Akua Lezli Hope <akualezli@...> wrote:
I was awarded a grant from my Arts Council to assist with producing
Speculative Sundays Poetry Reading Series via Zoom. It is modest –––
$500 — but for a poor poet, significant. If you are in the NE US
it is grants time, so I urge you to check in with your local
Arts organization for funding possibilities.

Joy in the making,

Akua

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door, in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State
www.akualezlihope.com

Celdae (Colleen) Anderson

That’s perfect! Hooray!

Colleen

I was awarded a grant from my Arts Council to assist with producing

Speculative Sundays Poetry Reading Series via Zoom. It is modest –––

$500 — but for a poor poet, significant. If you are in the NE US

it is grants time, so I urge you to check in with your local

Arts organization for funding possibilities.

Joy in the making,

Akua

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door, in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State
www.akualezlihope.com

Manhattan

Best news of the day.
Hooray for you, Akua!

Good to know the Finger Lakes Region, famous for its New York State wines and champagne, has a progressive arts council.

Your Finger Lakes neighbor Miles Wine Cellar [Himrod, NY] is popular for their label GHOST (a semi-dry white wine) and the winery's famous, spooky haunted history.

Perhaps Miles Wine Cellar would do a tie-in with you as a product sponsor -- -- since ghosts are very much in the SFPA wheelhouse.  :-)

        Hooray,  LindaAnn

--
Planet-Manhattan
Latest SFF book: "A Route Obscure and Lonely" [Wapshott Press, 2020]

Wendy Van Camp

What excellent news!  Congrats to your successful application. :)  Yes, it is a small grant, but it should be ample funds to run your reader series.
--
Wendy Van Camp
Author - Poet - Illustrator

Akua Lezli Hope