Topics

Speculative Poetry at Oceanside Con

Akua Lezli Hope

Kudos to Christina M. Rau whose lively and energetic presentation on speculative poetry engaged, informed, and inspired.
Oceanside Library is wise to have her as poet in residence as she deftly led the many participants to and through the varieties
of delights in our endeavor and presented a delicious sampling of the treasures to be found.

I want my library to have a con, too! What a great idea! And poet-in-residence — omg— we should all urge our libraries to do this, too! Yay Oceanside (great name for a library too, on the Island!)

Thanks ever so much Christina for inviting us to witness and share.
For me it was sheer joy to be among the company and great fun to be on the journey.

Joy in the making,
Akua

Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door, in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State
www.akualezlihope.com

Christina M Rau

Thanks so much for the kind words and all your support, Akua!

The specpo presentation was a lot of fun, and I crammed in as much as I could into that one hour.

Oceanside Library began their Poet In Residence opportunity this year, and what a year to start. When they closed their doors for quarantine, I started helping out even more with their programming, and it's been a thrill. Yes yes yes, every library should have a Poet In Residence!

And thanks again!!!!
--

Christina M. Rau
www.christinamrau.com