Topics

Dwarf spec poem gets nominated for Pushcart and Best Microfiction Awards

John C. Mannone

Not sure if many of you saw my recent Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/jcmannone. My 50-word prose poem, "The Swelling of Clay,"  published in the October issue of The Dribble Drabble Review received the nominations. It's nice to know that a literary journal is friendly to speculative work.

John

Fatma-Jessica (FJ) Doucet

Congratulations! How fantastic that it received two nominations.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020, 12:19 PM John C. Mannone <jcmannone@...> wrote:
Not sure if many of you saw my recent Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/jcmannone. My 50-word prose poem, "The Swelling of Clay,"  published in the October issue of The Dribble Drabble Review received the nominations. It's nice to know that a literary journal is friendly to speculative work.

John

Vince Gotera

John: Congratulations! I think quite a few literary journals are open to speculative work. The old genre/literary boundaries have been breaking down for some time. By the way, here's a direct link to that post of yours about the Pushcart nom: https://www.facebook.com/jcmannone/posts/3240368736031229. Congrats again! —Vince

Vince Gotera • Professor of English • 319·273·7061 • he/him/his
Former Editor, North American Review • Former Editor, Star*Line
Creative Writing Coordinator, Department of Languages & Literatures
University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0502 USA

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:19 AM John C. Mannone <jcmannone@...> wrote:
Not sure if many of you saw my recent Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/jcmannone. My 50-word prose poem, "The Swelling of Clay,"  published in the October issue of The Dribble Drabble Review received the nominations. It's nice to know that a literary journal is friendly to speculative work.

John

Manhattan

Congratulations, John. Keep knocking 'em out of the park.

---- Best, LindaAnn

--
Planet-Manhattan
Latest SFF book: "A Route Obscure and Lonely" [Wapshott Press, 2020]

kennyachaffin@...

Excellent! Congratulations and Good Luck to you!!

kennyachaffin@...

And yes, the boundaries have been breaking down. This is a good thing IMO!

Akua Lezli Hope

Congratulations!

Doubly acclaimed - wow!

Akua

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,

John C. Mannone

Thank you Fatma-Jessica, Vince, Kenny, and Akua. I am pleased that you like my prose poem. Thank you for reading!

John

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 12:19 PM John C. Mannone <jcmannone@...> wrote:
Not sure if many of you saw my recent Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/jcmannone. My 50-word prose poem, "The Swelling of Clay,"  published in the October issue of The Dribble Drabble Review received the nominations. It's nice to know that a literary journal is friendly to speculative work.

John

Wendy Van Camp

Congrats on your nomination, John. :)  Awesome news.
--
Wendy Van Camp
Author - Poet - Illustrator