Topics

A Witches' Sabbath -- Modest Mussorgsky's tone-poem

Manhattan

"Night on Bald Mountain" -  is my #VideoPoem
Has anyone else been Inspired by "Night on Bald Mountain" by Russian composer Modest Mussorgsky?
He wrote his menacing tone-poem in one sitting,
on that very night:  St. John's Eve, 23 June 1867.

Unholy rituals in a graveyard, as nightjars fall to their black feasts. NOT written in one sitting. < . . >

Happy Hallowe'en!

Watch:  https://youtu.be/DxbTBubNnPM

--
Planet-Manhattan
Latest SFF book: "A Route Obscure and Lonely" [Wapshott Press, 2020]

kennyachaffin@...

No, never actually. I've never seen what others see in this music....

David Kopaska-Merkel

I always think of Fantasia.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM <kennyachaffin@...> wrote:
No, never actually. I've never seen what others see in this music....

--
David C. Kopaska-Merkel
1300 Kicker Rd

Rich Magahiz

Night on Bald Mountain makes me think about dinosaurs.

Rich

--
Rich Magahiz
SFPA Treasurer

https://zeroatthebone.us

kennyachaffin@...

But I should add that I have had many other pieces of music inspire me. :)