Topics

74th Basho Memorial Contest in Japan

Deborah P Kolodji

In a piece of non-SpecPo personal news, I just wanted to report that one of my haiku was awarded an honorable mention in the 74th Basho Memorial English Haiku Contest in Japan.  I rarely write "cherry blossom" haiku, but I think this was written for the annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival contest, but didn't place there.   The judge was Hidetake Kawarajii, who also translated the winning haiku into Japanese.

 budding cherries
 our moment pregnant
 with unsaid things

    桜の芽言葉にならぬ物の満ち

   - Deborah P Kolodji
   translated by Hidetake Kawarajii

http://www.basho-bp.jp/?p=2577&fbclid=IwAR0N3wdqaOyOCQ5xy0Huvslo3QEKkCub7Kf5DcIhE4sC7eb19kz_FeZjLns

Fatma-Jessica (FJ) Doucet

Congratulations like!  How fascinating to see the translation, too!

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020, 3:39 PM Deborah P Kolodji via groups.io <dkolodji=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
In a piece of non-SpecPo personal news, I just wanted to report that one of my haiku was awarded an honorable mention in the 74th Basho Memorial English Haiku Contest in Japan.  I rarely write "cherry blossom" haiku, but I think this was written for the annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival contest, but didn't place there.   The judge was Hidetake Kawarajii, who also translated the winning haiku into Japanese.

 budding cherries
 our moment pregnant
 with unsaid things

    桜の芽言葉にならぬ物の満ち

   - Deborah P Kolodji
   translated by Hidetake Kawarajii

Sandra Lindow

excellent

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 2:59 PM Fatma-Jessica (FJ) Doucet <fa.je.doucet@...> wrote:
Congratulations like!  How fascinating to see the translation, too!

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020, 3:39 PM Deborah P Kolodji via groups.io <dkolodji=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
In a piece of non-SpecPo personal news, I just wanted to report that one of my haiku was awarded an honorable mention in the 74th Basho Memorial English Haiku Contest in Japan.  I rarely write "cherry blossom" haiku, but I think this was written for the annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival contest, but didn't place there.   The judge was Hidetake Kawarajii, who also translated the winning haiku into Japanese.

 budding cherries
 our moment pregnant
 with unsaid things

    桜の芽言葉にならぬ物の満ち

   - Deborah P Kolodji
   translated by Hidetake Kawarajii

Greer Sucke

Congratulations, Debbie!

Greer

On Oct 12, 2020, at 9:39 AM, Deborah P Kolodji via groups.io <dkolodji@...> wrote:

In a piece of non-SpecPo personal news, I just wanted to report that one of my haiku was awarded an honorable mention in the 74th Basho Memorial English Haiku Contest in Japan.  I rarely write "cherry blossom" haiku, but I think this was written for the annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival contest, but didn't place there.   The judge was Hidetake Kawarajii, who also translated the winning haiku into Japanese.

 budding cherries
 our moment pregnant
 with unsaid things

    桜の芽言葉にならぬ物の満ち

   - Deborah P Kolodji
   translated by Hidetake Kawarajii

http://www.basho-bp.jp/?p=2577&fbclid=IwAR0N3wdqaOyOCQ5xy0Huvslo3QEKkCub7Kf5DcIhE4sC7eb19kz_FeZjLns

akschwader@...

Big congrats, Debbie!

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 19:39:49 +0000 (UTC) "Deborah P Kolodji via groups.io" <dkolodji@...> writes:
In a piece of non-SpecPo personal news, I just wanted to report that one of my haiku was awarded an honorable mention in the 74th Basho Memorial English Haiku Contest in Japan.  I rarely write "cherry blossom" haiku, but I think this was written for the annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival contest, but didn't place there.   The judge was Hidetake Kawarajii, who also translated the winning haiku into Japanese.

 budding cherries
 our moment pregnant
 with unsaid things

    桜の芽言葉にならぬ物の満ち

   - Deborah P Kolodji
   translated by Hidetake Kawarajii

http://www.basho-bp.jp/?p=2577&fbclid=IwAR0N3wdqaOyOCQ5xy0Huvslo3QEKkCub7Kf5DcIhE4sC7eb19kz_FeZjLns

Ann K. Schwader
https://ankh-hpl.dreamwidth.org/
http://www.schwader.net/

--
Ann K. Schwader
https://ankh-hpl.dreamwidth.org/
http://www.schwader.net/

Linda Addison

Congratulations.

I love your haiku (in translation since I don't read Japanese).

--linda addison

Denise Dumars

Congratulations! This is wonderful.
Denise

Subject: [sfpanet] 74th Basho Memorial Contest in Japan

In a piece of non-SpecPo personal news, I just wanted to report that one of my haiku was awarded an honorable mention in the 74th Basho Memorial English Haiku Contest in Japan.  I rarely write "cherry blossom" haiku, but I think this was written for the annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival contest, but didn't place there.   The judge was Hidetake Kawarajii, who also translated the winning haiku into Japanese.

 budding cherries
 our moment pregnant
 with unsaid things

    桜の芽言葉にならぬ物の満ち

   - Deborah P Kolodji
   translated by Hidetake Kawarajii

http://www.basho-bp.jp/?p=2577&fbclid=IwAR0N3wdqaOyOCQ5xy0Huvslo3QEKkCub7Kf5DcIhE4sC7eb19kz_FeZjLns

Akua Lezli Hope

O yes! So many stories and possibilities from your evocation.

Congratulations!

Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State

--
Akua Lezli Hope
writing and dreaming from the ancestral land of the Onöndowa’ga:' also known as the Seneca,
keepers of the Western Door, in the southern Finger Lakes region of New York State
www.akualezlihope.com

Manhattan

Best poetry news I heard all day.

Brava to you -- -- and many more cherry blossom seasons to infuse your pen-thoughts.

 -- from Greenwich Village, LindaAnn

--
Planet-Manhattan
Latest SFF book: "A Route Obscure and Lonely" [Wapshott Press, 2020]