CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SFPA FORUMS
Discussion, discourse and debate are welcome and encouraged in all SFPA forums so long as all parties adhere to our Code of Conduct.
1) Forum Topics: Topics of discussion must be related in some way to speculative poetry and poets
2) Forum Code of Conduct: All discussion must be conducted in a respectful manner.
· Ad hominem attacks (insult or disparagement against a person engaged in discussion rather than topic being discussed) are unacceptable.
· Text or images deemed violent, threatening, or sexually explicit/suggestive are unacceptable.
· Use of hate speech, derogatory slurs, or any language that promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group will not be tolerated.
· Language that is belittling, dismissive, incendiary or bullying or otherwise hurtful is unwelcome.
· Harassment or stalking of forum users is prohibited.
· Violations of the Code of Conduct should be reported to a moderator as soon as possible.
· Violations of the Code of Conduct, even in self-defense or in response to other violations, are still violations and will be subject to moderation.
3) Forum moderators: Forum moderators have the exclusive authority to define and enforce the Code of Conduct.
· Forum moderators are authorized by and report to the SFPA Executive Committee.
· Impersonation of a forum moderator by unauthorized parties may be cause for permanent expulsion from the forums.
4) Violations: Consequences for violations of the Code of Conduct will be determined by the moderators and/or the SFPA Executive Committee. Consequences for violations may include:
· Written warning to user
· Deletion of flagged user posts
· User placed on probationary status (posts will be screened)
· Expulsion from SFPA forums
· Expulsion from SFPA membership