Topics

streaming audio to remote instance

alain@...

Hello,
I am not sure if the remore input/output plugins can do this already, but I'm interested in streaming audio to a remote instance that would be use to transmit such audio.
Would that be possible with sdrangel? Thank you and congratulations for this wonderful project
Alain

Edouard Griffiths

Hello Alain,

the remote output can be used to send I/Q to a remote instance of SDRangel. This SDRangel instance is then supposed to have a transmission chain set up (sink device set) with a remote source channel. So in this configuration you can create the baseband signal locally as you would do to send it to a locally attached device. At this moment there is no built in facility to get the audio input from network, it is possible the other way round though.

Brgds, Edouard.

Siegfried Jackstien

hello edouard

simon add a usb board (in sdr console) with relays that any can use for rx tx switching (or bandpass switching or whatever)

there are one, two and eight relay versions cheaply available ... and there is a github "example" for controlling those relays

so ... it should be easy also to add such a relay driver board to sdrangel ....no more messing around with gpio pins on an sdr

and some sdr do not even have them easy available so such an external board that  just plugs in usb ... is a good way to add some logic to any sdr setup ...

you can switch different antennas or rx tx relay or switch on a pa or ..... (even can switch the light in the shack on and off hi hi)

so what do you think about adding?!? should be easy ... and then on tx an sdr setup is better usable

greetz

sigi dg9bfc

ps ... any news about the xtrx in windoze??

Am 23.02.2019 um 18:14 schrieb Edouard Griffiths:

Hello Alain,

the remote output can be used to send I/Q to a remote instance of SDRangel. This SDRangel instance is then supposed to have a transmission chain set up (sink device set) with a remote source channel. So in this configuration you can create the baseband signal locally as you would do to send it to a locally attached device. At this moment there is no built in facility to get the audio input from network, it is possible the other way round though.

not sure how this relates to the original post. Anyway I am not going to support such custom hardware directly in SDRangel. SDRangel has all the bits to work with other applications that can interface with whatever hardware. Check the REST API to control SDRangel from an external application and the commands tab to invoke system commands from SDRangel GUI: https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/tree/master/sdrgui#5b-commands.

XTRX in Windows depends on MSVC support that does not seem to be mature enough.

Brgds, Edouard.