Topics

SDRAngel HACKRF ONE DSTAR ??? Possible

mikefunaro1@...

Hello all, I have SDRangel transmitting FM and would like to transmit DSTAR. Is this possible? Don't see anything in my reading. 73

there are no Tx plugins for FM digital voice transmission but there are these two issues opened in that sense:

  - https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/issues/730
  - https://github.com/f4exb/dsdcc/issues/5

Brgds,
Edouard.

David J Taylor

On 05/01/2021 03:40, mikefunaro1@gmail.com wrote:
Hello all, I have SDRangel transmitting FM and would like to transmit DSTAR. Is this possible? Don't see anything in my reading. 73
Yes, please!

I've just had an application where being able to transmit DMR on a known frequency would have been very handy. What TX were you using? I would likely use a Pluto or HackRF, both with TCXO mods.

Setting up a transceiver for transmit isn't too bad, but for receive I'm uncertain of the best way. I feel like having a signal where you could easily tune the source and see when the drop-out happens might be one way, given the kit I have (no fancy test gear, but a GPS-locked receiver for checking frequencies).

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk