Topics

Rsp1a working in SDRAngel Windows Version : How to ?

Jempi ( ON7MA )

Hello
is it possible to use rsp1a in sdrangel, windows version
i am using the latest version 4.14.5, but can by any means select the rsp1a
It runs perfectly under SDR Radio V3, after installing the API/HW Driver, but not in SDRAngel
Do I miss st ?
Tn,x for any hints

JP

Ron Liekens

Jempi, I use a RSPduo and also like to use it with SDRangel. My OS is Windows 10, but I also have a Raspberry Pi4B with 2 gB on board.

Seems there is no reply to your question. If the RSP's wan not run with SDRangel we can hopefully both get an answer soon.

73' Ron
ON2RON

David J Taylor

Jempi, I use a RSPduo and also like to use it with SDRangel. My OS is Windows 10, but I also have a Raspberry Pi4B with 2 gB on board.

Seems there is no reply to your question. If the RSP's wan not run with SDRangel we can hopefully both get an answer soon.

73' Ron
ON2RON
=============================

I'd also like to see this as I have both RSP-1A and RSP-2 sitting here waiting for a job to do! There/was/ support for the RSP-1 some time back, so the basic work has been done. It would need updating for the current SDRplay API, and possibly for Windows rather than Linux. I did ask a little while back.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

there is no chance to see this happening. Both RSP-1A and RSP-2 support are closed source and I don't want to fiddle with binary bundles. If they were smart enough to release their support libraries as open source as many other major constructors did (HackRF, BladeRF, LimeSDR, Pliuto (libiio) ...) that would have been a different story but I will definitely not deal with this type of business.

Brgds, Edouard.

Jempi ( ON7MA )

Ok Edouard, Understood

However, SDR-Radio v3xx form G4ELI, can use the RSP1a, without any problem, I use it a lot.

To me ( i am not a software developper offcourse ), it seems that everyting is in the DLL, I think otherwise I would not work..

I dont know if there are explanations about that API-DLL, https://www.sdr-radio.com/sdrplay#API307

It seems other SDR programs are using it..

Tnx for considering

JP

Ron Liekens

Hi Eduard,

Seems that the RSP API is not closed source according to the SDRplay developer team. This I heard a few days ago from Andy in a youtube session from last saturday. In fact he asked for developers to get in contact with the team to make something happen. There is a new API since last week. It was introduced with the release of SDRuno v1.4. This API was implemented by Simon in SDRconsole the day after.

Best regards,
Ron - on2ron

Hi,

I don't see much change with this version regarding the availability of the source. This is still a blob thing and I don't like it. However there are a few Chinese clones around that implement the original RSP1 interface and are actually compatible with the SDRangel plugin. You just need to apply the usual trick to make the msi2500 module go away: https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/wiki/Note-on-SDRPlay-RSP1-on-Linux I just tried one of these and it works fine. They come in various shapes from a little bigger than a RTL-SDR to the original size both in aluminium boxes which looks pretty good. The variety of size is a bit strange. Maybe the big ones have additional filters but I don't have this one actually.

Brgds, Edouard.