Topics

Release v4.19.0 - USRP Radios suport

Terry_G0EZY

Thank you for new version with support.for USB connected USRP radios.

Are you planning support for USRP network radios, for example Ettus Research N210A?

I would appreciate this!

Thank you very much for the software it works superbly transmit and receive with my HackRF. The recent PTT plug-in has made operation much easier.

Terry G0EZY

Jon Beniston

Hi Terry,

The USRP plugin uses Ettus’ UHD library, so should be able to support any radio it supports. If it doesn’t currently work, it may be able to be made to, but I only have a b210 radio for testing, so would need some help from you in order to get it working. Have you tried it at all? If it doesn’t work, please send me the debug log files.

Cheers,

Jon

Thank you for new version with support.for USB connected USRP radios.

Are you planning support for USRP network radios, for example Ettus Research N210A?

I would appreciate this!

Thank you very much for the software it works superbly transmit and receive with my HackRF. The recent PTT plug-in has made operation much easier.

Terry G0EZY

Aaron awdmesh

I have a b205mini so I will try ASAP. A plugin for the Sdrplay 3.7x api would be great but I understand that’s being considered and/or may take time due to the blob of closed source or whatever it’s called.

Sent from my Android

On Oct 6, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Jon Beniston <jon@...> wrote:

Hi Terry,

The USRP plugin uses Ettus’ UHD library, so should be able to support any radio it supports. If it doesn’t currently work, it may be able to be made to, but I only have a b210 radio for testing, so would need some help from you in order to get it working. Have you tried it at all? If it doesn’t work, please send me the debug log files.

Cheers,

Jon

Thank you for new version with support.for USB connected USRP radios.

Are you planning support for USRP network radios, for example Ettus Research N210A?

I would appreciate this!

Thank you very much for the software it works superbly transmit and receive with my HackRF. The recent PTT plug-in has made operation much easier.

Terry G0EZY

Terry_G0EZY

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply. I have now checked the Devices available. Success - the N210 is shown as F4A722 - it loads and is working fine on receive. I have the UBX40 daughterboard (10 MHz - 6 GHz Transceiver) so this evening will test the transmitter module. I expected to have to insert the network address for the N210 which runs on a separate LAN (192.168.10.2). However SDRAngel (I guess by using the UHD driver) found the device by itself.

This is great news for me - it is difficult to find software to use this SDR (especially for Tx) so I am very pleased I have another option.

I would be very pleased to help you in any tests/diagnostics - although I am running SDRAngel the easy way with the 64 bit Windows exe compiled version. I have a separate Ubuntu 18.04 PC but I am a Linux novice so I haven't attempted to build/install SDRAngel on it. I got in big trouble trying to install GNU-Radio!!

Cheers Terry G0EZY

Terry_G0EZY

The Tx function and the PTT work with the N210.

Test of items specific to the N210: Tested with SSB Modulator and De-Modulator

Frequency setting OK Rx and Tx
The antenna (RF1 or RF2) choice switch (works (Tx always to Tx/Rx, Rx can be switched to Tx/Rx or Rx2)
DC and IQ correction work on Rx. Some residual carrier on SSB
Gain control OK
SR and BB rate change OK
Internal/External clock (for 10 MHz GPSDO) work OK

73 Terry