Topics

receiving datv

Siegfried Jackstien

hello edouard

just made some test with the pluto and an rtl dongle ... txing dvbs 2 megs wide with datv express with one pc

and receiving with sdrangel and an rtl dongle on another pc 8low power just trough the shack

wow it really works ...

it was a bit tricky finding the right settings for symbolrate etc ... but finally i have found out what to set where (in sdrangel and in datv express)

thanks for making such a nice software

i did not yet find out how to add also audio but sure will also find out with a bit more try and error .. grin

greetz

sigi dg9bfc

ps any news about support of the xtrx in windows??

Am 11.02.2019 um 00:54 schrieb Edouard Griffiths:

Hi David,

we're talking about AFC here right? Because you mention "AGC" somewhere as well. So assuming it is AFC as in the title I don't really see a need for that. The issue is either Rx stability which is unlikely or Tx stability which is much more likely. I noticed that some transmitters even on pro networks are not very solid on their center frequency as I see the figure on the "magic eye" moving around the center. Usually this is not bad enough to cause significant disturbance on the decoding that has already the provision to accept some fluctuations. This has to be in the area of 100' Hz not kHz though.

Best regards,
Edouard.

David J Taylor

hello edouard

just made some test with the pluto and an rtl dongle ... txing dvbs 2 megs wide with datv express with one pc

and receiving with sdrangel and an rtl dongle on another pc 8low power just trough the shack

wow it really works ...

it was a bit tricky finding the right settings for symbolrate etc ... but finally i have found out what to set where (in sdrangel and in datv express)

thanks for making such a nice software

i did not yet find out how to add also audio but sure will also find out with a bit more try and error .. grin

greetz

sigi dg9bfc

ps any news about support of the xtrx in windows??

Sigi,

I've just noted my own settings, just experimental:

https://www.satsignal.eu/DATV/RPi_Portsdown_LimeSDR-mini_Airspi-mini_SDRangel.html

Many thanks, Edouard!

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Siegfried Jackstien

hello david

so you were txing with the portsdown .. and receiving with the lime??

i was txing with the pluto and rxing with an rtl dongle

so after all we now two different receiving setups ... and two different txing setup that all do work well for narrowband datv :-)

thats fine

if now sdrangel would also support analog tv (in colour with different audio subcarriers)

and could also rx in dvbt (t2)

and ... TX in analog and digital tv ...

wow then we would just need that one and only software for ALL modes (television analog and digital included)

yesterday testing that "a few feet range" setup was really fun (just across shack room)

marconi would be proud of me ...we all do know his history

his first steps were also just a few feet ... but i have sent a PICTURE and not just a beep

:-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 11.02.2019 um 12:14 schrieb David J Taylor via Groups.Io:

[...]

..

[...]

No.

My first experiment was TV with Express DVB Transmitter software under windows driving a Pluto. Reception on a hand-held DVB meter with screen. See my Twitter report.

Second was transmit Express DVB Pluto, receive Mini Tiouner/ Windows 10.

Third was RPi/GPIO pins transmit, verified casually on a hand-held spectrum analyser.

Fourth was the write-up on the Web - RPi/LimeSDR Mini transmit, Airspy/SDRangel/Windows receive.

I did try and repeat Express DVB Transmitter software/Pluto to receive with the Airspy, but for some reason whilst a carrier-only works, video doesn't flow. If I try changing to the Lime Mini, that software keeps telling me "Pluto not found". Perhaps it only works with the LimeSDR USB.

Bleeding edge!

Living where I do reduced bandwidth is very important (poor paths) so it's digital or SSTV!

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...