Topics

[Question] Getting a spectrum (live, waterfall) of a AM demodulated signal

C. Conrad <electric.monk@...>

Hi,

what is it good for? Several modulations like GSM have "pulsings", e.g. GSM has a 1736 Hz pulsing in the BCCH channel, or TETRA a 71 Hz pulsing. When you could visualise the signal (whatever it is) as AM demodulated (even when it is not an AM modulation), it would be easy to determine the pulsings.

As a workaround i tried to find a good live spectrum analyzer software for Ubuntu, but the only really ppromising looking one (friture) has problems with my linux distro - did write the authors.

Kind regards
Christoph

C. Conrad <electric.monk@...>

As a workaround i tried to find a good live spectrum analyzer software for Ubuntu

...and redirecting the audio output of sdrangel via pavucontrol to the spectrum analyzer software...

Edouard Griffiths

Hi,

I am also wondering what the FFT of the demodulated AM signal would be good for... I am not sure to get what you are trying to achieve here. If you want to look at your signal try the Channel Analyzer plugin.

Brgds, Edouard.

C. Conrad <electric.monk@...>

Hi Edouard,

I am also wondering what the FFT of the demodulated AM signal would be good for...
As i said - it is very easy with that to identify pulsings in the signal.

If you want to look at your signal try the Channel Analyzer plugin.
So far i had no success to get any visual output. I try again, and also it would be a workaround to redirect the AM audio from sdrangel to a spectrum analyzer software.

Kind regards, Christoph