Topics

No success starting SDR Angel

ralf4712@...

Hello,
i am trying to get SDR-Angel running but i get the followiong problems:
When i add my pluto as sink or source the frequency goes to 9,999,999
MHz and the frequency entry crashes.
No chance to modify the frequency. When i change 10 to 20 times to file
input and back to pluto i get the possiblity to change
the frequency but there is no output. The TXRSSI indicator shows -xxx dB.
I am using version 4.14.17 under Windows 10.
Where can i get a more stable (older) version of this program?
Thanks in advance

Ralf

it seems to be a fairly recent issue with Pluto. I have the same issue with Ubuntu 20.04.

OK I think I've got it. I still had the user parameters for the Pluto used over the network and this conflicts when you try to use it directly with the USB. I have added a debug message that says:
"DevicePlutoSDRBox::DevicePlutoSDRBox: cannot create context for uri: 192.168.0.40"
It obviously tries to use the network for Pluto #0 but it is not there (it is on the USB). The solution is to delete the user parameters for Pluto #0 close and restart SDRangel.

Brgds, Edouard.

Oliver

Thanks for the feedback!

I was also able to get the Pluto recognised. But SDRangel didn't
detect the extended frequency range I've enabled in the Pluto. It
seemed to be working with the smaller range though.

Then, after reading your feedback, I tried to reconstruct the steps I
did to make Pluto appear in SDRangel. It was by entering "PlutoSDR" in
Device user arguments. After a restart it appears in Device user
arguments with uri=ip:pluto.local. And I can select it from the sink
and source list as PlutoSDR[0:0] user defined.

However, now SDRangel is not able to communicate with the Pluto
anymore. To make sure the udev rules are not the cause I've tried
running it as root, but getting the same errors. Here are the error
messages:

MainWindow::sampleSourceChanged: tab at 0
DeviceAPI::saveSamplingDeviceSettings: serializing source
sdrangel.samplesource.fileinput[0]:
DSPDeviceSourceEngine::stopAcquistion
DSPDeviceSourceEngine::handleSynchronousMessages: DSPAcquisitionStop
DSPDeviceSourceEngine::gotoIdle FileInput::stop
PlutoSDRInput::openDevice: allocated SampleFifo
PlutoSDRInput::openDevice: open device here
PlutoSDRInput::openDevice: open serial PlutoSDR-0 failed
PlutoSDRInput::PlutoSDRInput: cannot open device
DSPDeviceSourceEngine::addSink: FileRecord
DSPDeviceSourceEngine::handleSynchronousMessages:
DSPAddBasebandSampleSink FileRecord::handleMessage:
DSPSignalNotification: m_inputSampleRate: 48000 m_centerFrequency:
435000000 DSPDeviceSourceEngine::setSource
DSPDeviceSourceEngine::handleSynchronousMessages: DSPSetSource
DSPDeviceSourceEngine::gotoIdle DSPDeviceSourceEngine::handleSetSource:
set PlutoSDRInput PlutoSDRInput::getLORange: device not open
PlutoSDRInputGui::updateFrequencyLimits: delta: 0 min: 9999999 max: 0
PlutoSDRInput::getbbLPRange: device not open
PlutoSDRInput::getLORange: device not open
PlutoSDRInputGui::updateFrequencyLimits: delta: 0 min: 9999999 max:
9999999 MainWindow::setDeviceGUI: insert device type 0 tab at 0
MainWindow::setDeviceGUI: adding tab for PlutoSDR[0:0] user defined
PlutoSDRInput::applySettings: device not open
DeviceAPI::loadSamplingDeviceSettings: Loading Rx preset [default | no
name] Preset::findBestDeviceConfig: serial matched (exact): id:
sdrangel.samplesource.plutosdr ser: PlutoSDR-0
DeviceAPI::loadSamplingDeviceSettings: source center frequency:
9999999000 Hz DeviceAPI::loadSamplingDeviceSettings: deserializing
source sdrangel.samplesource.plutosdr[0]: PlutoSDR-0
PlutoSDRInput::getLORange: device not open
PlutoSDRInputGui::updateFrequencyLimits: delta: 0 min: 0 max: 9999999
PlutoSDRInput::getLORange: device not open
PlutoSDRInputGui::updateFrequencyLimits: delta: 0 min: 9999999 max:
9999999 PlutoSDRInputGui::updateHardware PlutoSDRInput::handleMessage:
MsgConfigurePlutoSDR PlutoSDRInput::applySettings: device not open
PlutoSDRInput::handleMessage config error PlutoSDRInput::getRSSI:
device not open PlutoSDRInput::getGain: device not open
PlutoSDRInput::fetchTemperature: device not open
PlutoSDRInput::getTemperature: device not open

Best regards