Topics

LimeSDR Mini Power Output at 2.4Ghz

Mick

Edited

Hi,

Decided to start this as a separate thread.

The attached image shows my power output on the Lime mini using both the Hi and Lo antenna options. It seems that the Lo setting is better than the Hi, this is confirmed when amplified and sent to the QO100 satellite.

Are these readings close to accurate and is there an issue with the antenna setting in SDRAngel?
The measurments are made with a cheap chinese OLED meter found on ebay, the 3000 version.

I have also uploaded my settings which might help with the SSB thread.

kind regards

Mick

Mick

Edouard,

I believe the antenna controls in SDRAngel for the LimeSDR Mini are labelled incorrectly, I have done another test at 144 Mhz CW and get 18.8dBm on Hi and -0.6dBm on Lo

Cany you please double check my findings. Its not really an issue once you know and I used the graph in the linked information to confirm what I should be seeing:
https://discourse.myriadrf.org/t/limesdr-s-maximum-transmitting-power-at-different-frequencies/1649

Kind regards

Mick

Edouard Griffiths

Hi Mick,

according to https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeSDR-Mini_v1.1_hardware_description TX1 is for high band and TX2 is for low band so "Hi" and "Lo" might be swapped since it does not match the natural order. Since it should work for all versions of Lime SDR maybe they should just be labeled "TX1" and "TX2".

Brgds,
Edouard.

Mick

Edouard,

I dont mind either way, the tool tip will also need to be changed as it states the frequencies for each setting.

I think Hi and Lo would probably be better for people who are not SDR experts, but TX1 and TX2 is obviously accurate.

Are you able to validate my findings with your own mini?

Kind regards

Mick

Edouard Griffiths

Hi,

issue opened: https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/issues/325

Brgds, Edouard.

Keith Laaks

Hi Mick,

Yes this is also what I see on my side.  Lo performs much better.

For QO-100, I use a small broadband amp to boost the Lime power levels up to 100mW PEP - for driving one of those 2.4GHz WiFi amps (12dB gain).
I find using a 'Gain=60dB' gives best results with my setup. Signal becomes somewhat unclear when the power is set to below 55dB.

Keith
zs6tw