Topics

FM and RDS data

David J Taylor

Using an AirSpy HF+ I can get excellent FM radio reception. Using SDR# I see RDS data. Using SDR Angel I don't. Bandwidths etc. are similar. Am I missing something obvious? "Stereo" speakers are showing, and the SNR of the 19 kHz pilot is almost 40 dB.

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Edouard Griffiths

Broadcast FM demod is one of the few plugins that are left undocumented and this does not help.
There is a button with the typical RDS logo (it is small but hopefully recognizable, it looks like a Moebius band) that will switch on the RDS decoding.

Best regards,
Edouard.

David J Taylor

Broadcast FM demod is one of the few plugins that are left undocumented and this does not help.
There is a button with the typical RDS logo (it is small but hopefully recognizable, it looks like a Moebius band) that will switch on the RDS decoding.

Best regards,
Edouard.

Thanks, Edouard. I found the logo (although I didn't recognise it) and some fields are now being decoded such as type, but not the music name (BBC Radio3, classical music). So it's a start, but still some way short of SDR#.

Please understand that I am not complaining, just wanting to know what to expect.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...