Topics

Compiling ok, stops at loading plugins #install

Loe Walter

Hi all,
I compiled the latest 5- and also the 4-version. Like many times before all went well.
Starting sdrangel after the latest stops at loading plugins....never did.????
There was no change in the steps I took.
The error: sdrangel: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/sdrangel/plugins/librigctrl.so: undefined symbol: _ZN9PluginAPI18registerMiscPluginERK7QStringP15PluginInterface
Any ideas please?

Environment: Ubuntu 18.04.5  kernel: 5.4.0-48-generic

Loe Walter

SDRangel needs some rigctrl-elements...that's relativily new...
Do I need to compile an extra piece of software and is the documentation regarding manual installation perhaps not complete anymore?

Jon Beniston

Hi Loe,

I believe that may be a previous version of rigctrl that uses an API that no longer exists (as the latest version of the plugin is called rigctrlserver, rather than rigctrl).

So try deleting /usr/local/lib/sdrangel/plugins/librigctrl.so and rerunning.

Cheers,

Jon

I compiled the latest 5- and also the 4-version. Like many times before all went well.
Starting sdrangel after the latest stops at loading plugins....never did.????
There was no change in the steps I took.
The error: sdrangel: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/sdrangel/plugins/librigctrl.so: undefined symbol: _ZN9PluginAPI18registerMiscPluginERK7QStringP15PluginInterface
Any ideas please?

Environment: Ubuntu 18.04.5  kernel: 5.4.0-48-generic

Loe Walter

Helas Jon,
That didn't do the trick...even more...."segmentation fault"!
The previous version of SDRangel ran well. The only thing I did, was pull the new version and compiled like several times before.
The map /usr/local/lib contains several files (*.so) and two subfolders: plugins and pluginssrv.
Can I delete the complete sdrangel-folder and compile again?

Thnx.

Loe Walter

Hi all,

I checked the installation on my iMac where I also have SDRangel running.
Strange...there is no rigctrl-file at all...
Also on my iMac I use the same procedure as on mu Lubuntu-machine.
There is in general a difference however with the method that Edouard describes.
I skip the /opt way of compiling and do a "sudo make install"...which I like better and works for months now, until.....;-(

Jon Beniston

Hi Loe,

The problem with installing in to /usr/local/ as you’ve done, is that the installed files get mixed up with the files of other applications that may have installed there, so it is harder to remove and start from fresh.

The solution might be to delete some of the SDRangel files from /usr/local/lib and then recompile from scratch, but you have to be very careful to only delete SDRangel files, so you don’t break something else.

If you install in to /opt/sdrangel, then you know you can safely remove that, without breaking anything else.

Cheers,

Jon

I checked the installation on my iMac where I also have SDRangel running.
Strange...there is no rigctrl-file at all...
Also on my iMac I use the same procedure as on mu Lubuntu-machine.
There is in general a difference however with the method that Edouard describes.
I skip the /opt way of compiling and do a "sudo make install"...which I like better and works for months now, until.....;-(

Loe Walter

and compiled 5.12.1 on my Kali-laptop. Verssion 5.11.1 was fine.
Version 5.12 gives following error:
"invalid fastbin entry (free)". ?????

I'm going to try the previous version.

Loe Walter

Yes!

Removing the sdrangel-folder under /usr/local/bin was the solution.
I think I know what went wrong:
Probably I accidentally installed the 4-version and realizing that, version 5 over that...