Topics

Adding device after first install of SDRangel

Erwin - PE3ES - F4VTQ

Is it possible to add a source/sink device after the first install?

Or can device plugins only be installed during the complete build from source process.

Use case : I already have an Adalm Pluto working with SDRangel and now want to add my new SDRplay RSP1A as well.
Or for any other combination of installed plugins and newly available devices.

I do not find any information on this on github, wiki or in this group.

--
Erwin, PE3ES / F4VTQ

Erwin - PE3ES - F4VTQ

Anybody?
--
Erwin, PE3ES / F4VTQ

in some cases this can be interesting indeed to split the compilation into smaller chunks.However it will re-compile the common libraries each time because it needs them for the build. You can check the various options at the beginning of the main CmakeLists.txt file hereĀ https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L24

Then you need to do a bit of patchwork to re-assemble everything and you must make sure that all bits were compiled from the same commit.

Brgds,
Edouard.